Thursday, January 17, 2008

Never learn the first time.....

That'sme.Always the hard way. After seeing just how hard all these races are last year, I swore to myself I was gonna wuss out and just ride from then on. I suckedto put it kindly and decided I was really nor cut out for that stuff. Amazing howtime makes it all a little fuzzier and more fun looking back. Anyway...here I go again. This year with more of an idea what I'm in for and much,much better prepared. Plus, with the counseling I'm becoming less of a stressed out emotional wreck. Amazing how much easier life is when your not actively looking for something to stress about and creating stress when there is none. ok..here'san extremely tentative schedule.

April-Cohutta 100 0rEpic 35....not totally sure which yet. Part of me says.."Fuck it.Dive in the deep end and go." The other part syas todo something I know I can finish and build a little confidence.

May-Burn 24

June-Lumberjack-I get 1 big bike trip this year and thisone worksout the best schedulewise.

July-ORAMM-Every year til either the race or I pass away or get to old to do it.

August-Back to Georgia for Fools Gold paradise.

September.Shenandoah-if I'm still alive

October-DSG 12 hour in Conyers-I've never ridden this course and i really,really want to.

November-Clear Springs 24-this one depends on if my pops got tocome to any races. If he did..it'sonly a 50-50 shot. If he didn't..I'm there.

How the hell did I go from not "racing" to this? I'm an idiot?Yeah..maybe so....but I'm an idiot that loves this kinda stuff.

Later folks.

3 comments:

Travis said...

And I thought I was the only "idiot." After reading this and what Jason said over on his place it sounds like I'm fitting right in.
Schedule looks good, may see you at Fools Gold or the SM100 depending on schedules.

Danielle Musto said...

Try Cohutta. It's a great race, and you could always do the 65 miler option for a warm-up to the rest of your season race :-)

Namrita O'Dea said...

good schedule! i'm doing the 35 at cohutta..but yeah, like D said, the 65 is a good option too.