Monday, July 21, 2008

I give up

I tried. I really did. I've spent the last 11 months telling myself that ORAMM wasn't that big a deal to me anymore. I was wrong. It's 6 days away and has consumed my every waking thought. This was the first endurance race I ever did and I was instantly hooked. The long climb up Kitsumas switchbacks followed by the ripping descent. The mental hell of the neverending grassy road. The long, painful grind up Curtis Creek. The hair raising fun of Heartbreak. All this topped off by another trip(usually pushing more now) up and down Kitsuma. It's all good. I cannot wait.

Don't get me wrong, Fools Gold is still the beast that haunts my dreams but I was nuts when I told myself that ORAMM was just another fun way to spend a Sunday afternoon. Bring it on.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Eye on the prize.
Go get em, Tiger!
Good luck this weekend; can't wait to hear the story! :^)

MCF said...

Good luck Allan!

allan said...

Thanks guys.