Thursday, November 02, 2006

Making my NRS faster,lighter,better than before has started.My new stem arrived yesterday and I'm now just waiting for the matching handlebar to get here to install it. Normally it would already be on but it's set up for those big, fat, 31.8 diameter handlebars. The handlebars are the FSA low rise K-Force carbon bars. I've never used a riser bar before but my back has been letting me know that it might be a good idea to give it a try. The next step is a visit to the I9 factory. I know that's a serious chunk of change but everything I've heard says they are well worth it.Unfortunately, new parts alone don't make you faster. I've also been doing a lot more riding. This has also helped with my annual emotional funk which occurs when the daylight starts going away. I do love the fall colors but I can never get past the fact that soon everything looks barren and dead. That always messes with my head a little. Just me though. I know a lot of people who love the winter months. Ah well. Only several short month til spring and I do have the 12 Hours of razorback to look forward to. Good luck to everybody at The Swank. I have to work that day or I'd be there yelling and screaming.

No comments: