Thursday, March 15, 2007

Stuff I like

I've nothing else to talk about so I'm going to write about the stuff I like to use during rides and the few races i've done. Fell free to doze off when the inevitable urge strikes.

Hutchison UST Spyders-Love these tires. They shed mud well. Roll pretty quickly on hardpack. They're not real light but I don't think "real light" exists in the world of UST.

Cateye Doubleshot-Plenty of light. Low,low weight. Long run time. Short charge time.

Accelerade-Lemon/Lime and Lemonade flavors. Can't really tell any difference in performance with this than other stuff. Just know that it doesn't make me wanna gag when I drink it. I figure that's a good thing.

Clif Shot Bloks-Gummi bears for active people!!!!!!! Yum.

Hammer Gel- I know they say not to mix it with other products that contain simple sugars but I've never had any issues with it. I also seem to be the only person I know who likes the tropical fruit flavor. That works out well for me since it means the LBS always has it.

Smart Balance PB and honey sandwhiches-I used to be a Jif guy but this stuff is natural and is really good. Plus honey is just awesome. Strawberry preserves are also a suitable sub for the honey.

Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pies-I know..I know..loaded with sugar and all kinds of other bad stuff. Yet, for some reason I crave them during and after long rides.

Barleys Pizza-The usual stop after long rides. The Jerk Chicken Pizza is awesome. Plus, for all those who enjoy an after ride brew, they have about 50 beers on tap. Pretty much all good ones. Not the usual bar stuff.

Oh Yeah......Starbucks Yukon Blend coffee. The breakfast of champions and bottom five finishers like myself.

Oh and a big shout out to Nyquil for helping me lay the smackdown on this roody-poo candy ass virus that's been keeping me inside for the past few days. I feel tons better this morning and it's supposed to be in the 70's today. WOOHOO!!!

Hope everybody has a great day. later yall.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It was actually above 70 here on Tuesday! But, now it's 30 again.
Glad to hear you have survived your illness through the use of chemicals. Maybe talk to Nyquil about some sponsorship money!
Did you throw that comment about the 50 types of brews just to tempt me? You know I going to want to go there next month!

allan said...

Brian-LOL-Yeah...the fact that the brews would tempt you into going there after a ride did cross my mind. I'll make sure and point you towards the better ones.

Jason said...

I LOVE PB & Honey Sandwiches. I love PB in general. Think I have a problem.