Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Went out to Bent Creek again yesterday for another long ride. It wasn awesome day. It was a little cloudy but that seemed to help actually. it was my first ride of the year without at least arm and knee warmers. It felt great. The first day of spring definitely delivered. The kind of day that reminds me that any cuts in pay and stuff like that were definitely worth it to be living here. I love this place. I still have to pinch myself to be reminded that I actually live here.

Anyway,enough about my love affair with the Asheville area. Woke up this morning with pretty much every muscle and tendon in my body feeling sore. It's weird thing about pain. Most people I know think that all pain is the same. But I really believe that there's a difference between causing real damage to yourself and the pain you feel during and after pushing your body past it's limits. Maybe I'm wrong but all I know is I wouldn't trade the way I feel this morning for anything.

Hope everybody has a great day. Yall come back now. Ya hear.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear your "warmers-less" (say that 3 times fast!); we were for one day. Supposedly 60's here tomorrow, but raining too. We do not need anymore moisture right now.
Anyway. I hate to say it but we will NOT be coming down to Asheville this spring. Others have conspired against me in my family and we will be doing the requisite "spring break" trip instead. However, I only relented if allowed to visit Asheville some time later this year (late summer or early fall now).
So, eventually, I will get to try those 50 brews!