Monday, April 09, 2007

Has anybody.....

A few years back, before I was even thinking of attempting a 24 Hour solo, I remember reading an article in some magazine that recommended getting up at odd hours and going for rides to train your body to ride a bike at different hours. At the time I kind of thought it was a bunch of crap, but now I'm wondering if maybe I was wrong. I don't have to be at work until 9:30 tomorrow and I'm thinking that maybe I'll wake up at 3 and head out around 4-4:30 and put some miles in on the Parkway before work. I figure that if nothing else it'll at least make my day better at work. So...has anybody ever tried anything like this?



Very late edit: It was 20 degrees at 4 a.m. You can call me a wimp if you like but I chickened out and got back into bed. It'll be my normal commute today. It's supposed to be getting back into the high 60's later this week. WOOHOO!!!!! Watch, it'll be 100 degrees at Burn and I'll be dying, but I'll be loving every minute of it.

1 comment:

Super Bon Bon said...

Just make sure you're awake - :)Zzzzzz - trees seem to come out of nowhere when you're sleeping on your handlebars.