Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Movie review

I have nothing else to write about today so you lucky people get my opinion on Grindhouse. Amanda and I went to see it yesterday. For those who don't know, it's a sorta double-feature done by Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino. It even comes with fake movie trailers between the films to make it seem more authentic. The first feature,Planet terror, is done by Robert Rodriguez and is, in my opinion, the better of the two. It's a B movies style horror film about flesh eating zombies. It comes complete with one legged girls who have machine guns/greneade launchers where there leg used to be and all the cheesy dialog you could ever want. In short...it rocks!!!! Granted, this is coming from a person who loves these kinds of films so your opinion may vary. Heck..I liked Snakes on a Plane too. It's also really,really graphic so be warned.

The next feature, done by Quentin Tarantino, is called Death Proof. It's plot revolves around a former stuntman(Kurt Russel) who uses his car to kill women. The first half of the film shows him stalking and killing a group of women in Austin, Tx. The film is ok. Tarantino is known for his dialog and he packs plenty into his portion of the movie. Too much in fact. At some point you will be thinking,Enough already. Do something. When the action gets going later in the movie it's really good. It's one of the better car chase scenes I've seen. I will also never be playing "Ships Mast" either. In the second half of the movie he goes after the wrong group of ladies and gets whats coming to him.

So, there you have it. My worthless 2 cents on Grindhouse. Oh...it's about 3 hours long. If your anything like me that means your going a little stir crazy being stuck in a theatre for that long. 3 hour long movies are why they made dvd's and pause buttons. Hopefully next week i can convince Amanda to go see 300. People fighting for a doomed cause. Sounds sorta like my racing.

Hope everybody has a great day. Later yall.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can wait for the DVD release. And that way if it's too scary, I can turn it off! :^)